BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Friday, Nov 30,2012
Girls JV Basketball game @ home vs. Farmington- 4:30PM
Girls Varsity Basketball game @ home vs Farmingon- 6:00PM
Sat. Dec 1st:
Boys Varsity Basketball scrimmage @ Newfound – bus departs @ 7:45AM
Boys Hockey scrimmage @ Dover- 6:00PM- bus departs from Laconia Ice Arena @ 3:45PM
Meeting on Monday at 6:30PM in the caf.
If you are interested in joining SALT (Student Athletic Leadership Team) applications can be picked up in the main office. Deadline to join is Dec 21st.
Girls Varsity Soccer: Kenzi Phelps
It's hockey season! Show your support for the Belmont Gilford Hockey Team by wearing BG team items – hoodies, baseball hats, sweatpants and more. If you are interested, please contact Sharon Fernandez for pricing and an order form at bossfan4life@metrocast,net. Orders and payment are due tomorrow.
Congratulations to Steven Farkas on his acceptance to the College of Stanton Island.
* Financial Aid Night-Wed. Dec. 5th, 6:30-7:30pm in the cafeteria. For students and parents of juniors and seniors who are College Bound. Get answers to your financial aid questions and the FAFSA(federal student aid form for all seniors applying to college). Guidance counselors and a member of NHHEAF(NH Higher Education Assistance Foundation) will be in attendance to guide you through the financial aid process.
JOB SHADOW OPPORTUNITIES:
Students who are interested in the following single-day visits to the following work places, please sign up with Mrs. O'Connell in Guidance or visit Ms. Madsen Mon. or Wed.
1. 3M in Tilton -- half a day with electrical engineers and chemists
2. Bob Drew, electrician in Canterbury -- full day learning about electrical and solar energy
3.A tour of Pike Industries in Belmont -- a half-day learning about operation of large machinery, building roads, and civil engineering
4.Grappone Auto Group in Concord -- learning about auto repair, auto maintenance, and auto sales
5. Windswept Farm in Canterbury -- a half- or full day learning about operations of a horse farm including barn management, riding instruction, horse training, and horse care.
6. Titeflex Aerospace in Laconia -- a full day of learning about aeorspace engineering
7. UNH School of Law in Concord -- a half-day experience of law school
8. Franklin Savings Bank in Franklin -follow a loan officer
9. Blouin Steel Fabricators in Northfield. -- learn from machinists
10.A half-day tour of the State Medical Examiner in Concord -- learn about forensics
Also: Those students who signed up for a Public Relations and Sales job shadow with the Manchester Monarchs, please check in with Mrs. O'Connell or Ms. Madsen about your availability in December.
*The NH State House of Representatives has a page program for students 15 years or older that offers a chance for young people to be exposed to the legislative process during a day when the house is in session, generally that is Wednesdays or Thursdays from January to June. The purpose of the program is to help students learn how our state laws are created and to encourage active participation in future voting and lawmaking. Interested students can pick up an application in the guidance office along with the guidelines for participation.
Math team members planning to compete in next week's meet need to sign up in Room 112 with Mrs. Delgado as soon as possible FBLA:
Our next FBLA meeting will be held on Monday, December 3rd at 2:20pm in Mr Hill's room. Please remember to turn in your dues by today or you will be ineligible for NH-FBLA events for the remainder of the year. Also, please remember your commitments to the WLNH Children's Auction. Emma will be around to remind you of your scheduled time this week.
*French Club Fundraisers:
We are taking orders for Christmas centerpieces. Ask a French club member or Madame (firstname.lastname@example.org) to order. Deadline to place your order is Friday, Dec. 7th.
Class of 2013: Fundraiser Opportunity:
If you would like to participate in the Cash Calendar fundraiser see Mr. Foley to pick up calendars. They are available the month of Dec -$5.00 each. We will sell until today.Seniors can see class officers during lunch to pick up calendars to sell also.
Fundraising : Spain Exchange:
Tastefully Simple Party online, if you're interested email email@example.com for the evite. Deadline to place your order is Friday.
The Spanish Club is taking orders for Christmas dessert pies. Orders need to be placed by Dec 14th and will be available for pick up in Rm 105 on Dec 21st. If interested email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can tabs - FBLA will be collecting can tabs throughout the year for David's House. Students are asking families to set up a collection bag or box at home and periodically bring them in. The can tabs will be delivered to David's House at the end of March. Thank you for supporting this great cause!