BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday , April 30, 2013
Girls JV Softball home vs Interlakes 4:00PM
Track & Field meet at home 4:00PM
Club Girls Lacrosse @ Monadnock
The Softball team beat Inter Lake 14-0 in a five inning shortened game. Meghan Prescott pitched a 1 hitter for her third win of the season. Courtney Clairmont had two hits as well as Cassie Contigianni. Megan Bailey hit well with 2 hits and two runs scored. The team played strong defensive, turning a double play to end the game.
The BHS Girls Lacrosse team will be hosting a fundraising night at Uno's in Tilton on Friday, May 3rd. Come out and support the girls by having dinner and a portion of the bill will be donated to the team. There will also be raffles. Any questions contact Marta Robbins @ firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks in advance for your support.
Summer Intern Program:
LRGHealthcare is offering local teens, ages 15-18, interested in a career in healthcare, the opportunity to participate in a summer intern program. Upon completion, students will be eligible to volunteer working directly with the nurse's aides. There are 2 sessions July 15-19 or Aug 5-9. For more information, contact LRGH @ 524-3211 ext 6720 or www.lrgh.org to download an application or you can pick up an application in the guidance office. Applications are due Friday, June 1.
For those students who ordered class rings, they will be delivered on Wed. May 8th during lunches.
Sign up for the 10th Annual Raider Run. Walk or run for $12 Fashionable t-shirt included. Walk for $5 with no t-shirt. Raider Run date to be determined.
The One Room School House in Canterbury will be featured on NH Chronicle, tomorrow night on Channel 9.
Are now on sale for $45 or you can reserve one with a $5 deposit. Please see Ms. Pitrone if you have any questions. Get yours today!
The theme is nature. Entries are due by Friday. Applications are available outside Ms. Pitrone's Rm. (206).
Drivers Ed class begins tonight. Please note a parent is required to attend this meeting with the student. Any remaining money is due along with a copy of your birth certificate. Meeting will be from 6:00-8:00PM.
You are invited to the BHS PTO COLLEGE NIGHT: Tomorrow night @ 6:00. No cost! A variety of workshops will be offered, attend just the ones of interest to you. Sponsored by your BHS PTO friends! Parents and guardians - If you plan to send your child to college, you can't miss this event!! Please join us for this in-depth evening of workshops filled with information you need to make college happen for your children!! If you think you cannot afford college, you will be amazed at what you can do. Don't wait to have a senior! The earlier you start the easier it is. The workshops were inspired by a number of parents who have gone through the college process with their seniors and wished they had planned earlier! Their lessons learned will make your process easier!! See the attached Agenda for more information on the workshops.
Please make sure to turn in your senior slide show pictures by this Friday to Ms.Pitrone.
Last day to register for June 1st SAT's is this Thursday.
Last day to register for June 8th ACT's is this Friday.
There is a scholarship opportunity for any senior who will be attending a two or four year college or art school in the field of performing or visual arts. If you are interested, see Mrs. O'Connell for an application.
FREE Summer School Classes at BHS:
We are offering a few summer school classes for students interested in taking classes this summer to build credits on their transcript.
1. Digital Photography with Mr. Frick being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. (6 wks)Classes are Monday & Wednesday from 8am-10:30am or Tuesday & Thursday from 8am-10:30am. At least 8 students have to sign up for each section in order to run a class. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please note: Space is limited so you are encouraged to sign up in guidance and get a permission slip.
2. Creative Writing with Ms. Pitrone being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. Classes are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30am-1pm
3. Theatre Arts with Ms. Pitrone from June 24-Aug 1st, classes are Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30am-1pm. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please sign up in the guidance office and get a permission slip. At least 8 students must sign up for each class or the class will be cancelled.
Students who are interested in taking any of these summer classes should have signed permission forms to guidance ASAP.
1. Any senior who is currently an Eagle Scout or has received their Girl Scout Gold Star please see Mrs. O'Connell is guidance ASAP!!!!
2.. Any senior planning on going into education for a career, there is a book award available through the Shaker Regional Education Association. See Ms. Angwin for the application. The deadline is May 15.
1. Any FBLA student interested in free tickets for you and your family to a Manchester Monarchs home playoff game can see Mr. Hill today or tomorrow. Game 3 will be played Thursday in Manchester at 7pm. The Monarchs have lost the first two games in Springfield, both in OT, but if game 4 is necessary, that will also be played in Manchester on Saturday at 7pm.
2. Our next meeting will be Thursday at 2:20pm in Mr. Hill's room. We will be discussing next year's holiday fair and a spring hike.
The Chess Club will be meeting after school today in room 209. All are welcome to attend
Meeting today @ 2:15PM in Rm 216.
Meeting tomorrow @ 2:15PM in Rm 106.
For all you prom goers out there, Prom is right around the corner. Buy your tickets at lunch this week for $35 each. Deadline to purchase tickets is Friday. After this date, you will need to see Mr. Deshaies directly and the price will increase to $40. Prom will be held on May 11th @ BHS from 6:00-11:00PM.