BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Monday, Sept 30, 2013
Golf match away @ Brentwood CC 3:30PM- bus departs @ 1:15PM
Girls JV Volleyball away @ Moultonboro 5:00PM- bus departs @ 3:15PM
Girls Varsity Volleyball away @ Moultonboro 6:30PM- bus departs @ 3:15pm
Congrats to the XC Team for their great efforts last Friday at Waterville Valley! Ian Rupp lead the boys with a 45th place finish, followed by Riley Woods (61), Brennan Malone (69), Nikolai Fernandez (71), Tyler Rolfe (77) and Isaiah Knowlton (137). Talia Sperduto paced the girls in 14th place supported by Carol Lipshultz (55), Kylie Donovan (71), and Sabrina Robinson (84). Carol, Talia, Kylie, Ian, Brennan, and Riley all set new prs as well!
Ball Runners Wanted:
Anyone interested in running lines at the girls soccer games please sign up in the main office. $15 dollars per game. Two people per game are needed. Next games are Oct 5th during Belmont Homecoming Soccer games.
Meeting tomorrow night @ 6:30PM in caf
Any student who has a strong preference about their advisory playing and watching either kickball or ultimate frisbee should go and tell their adviser today.
The fall session will begin on Oct 29th and will run until Jan. 2nd. You will need to be 16 by the end of the class. The cost of the class is $650 with a $150 deposit due when you sign up for the class with any remaining money due by the first day of class. Forms can be picked up in the main office.
District Wellness Committee:
Looking for a student and parent to represent BHS on this committee. If interested, contact Ms. Lavallee at email@example.com
Unity Day Theme Days:
Tuesday: Twin day
Wednesday: Pro Sports team day
Thursday: Unity Day (wear your unity day advisory colors)
Homecoming Dance & Bonfire:
Sponsored by Student Council, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 3rd from 7:00-10:00PM. Cost is $6 per person or $5 with a donated can good. If you are planning on bringing a guest who does not attend BHS you will need to pick up a permission form in the main office which will need to be signed by a parent. These forms are now available.
1. Attention Juniors and Seniors: Northeastern University is holding their 2013 Women in Engineering Day on Friday, October 25th. This program is designed for female students who are interested in engineering and want to learn more about Northeastern's outstanding engineering program. To reserve a place, students should RSVP by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is very limited so reserve your spot early.
2. Lakes Region Scholarship Foundation:
Is sponsoring their annual Spelling Bee on October 17th. Please see Ms. Cascio in Guidance if you are interested in being on our BHS team.
3. Attention Seniors! The first scholarship opportunity of the season is available. The Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship is open to seniors with a GPA of 3.0 (87 or better) that participate in at least one sport and have community/school service. Application deadline is October 2nd!! Apply on line at wendysheisman.com.
4. Attention Seniors: All application materials for students interested in obtaining a Congressional Nomination for service academies need to be postmarked or hand delivered to Senator Jeanne Shaheen's office by Friday, October 4th. Any questions see guidance.
5. The Apprenticeshop, a school for traditional boatbuilding and seamanship in Rockland, Maine is having an Open House for prospective students and their families on Saturday, October 5thfrom 9-4. Hands-on workshops, tours, discussions and a Q&A will take place. The Apprenticeshop's 9 month and 12 week courses are great for students seeking a GAP year experience/and or those looking for an alternative to a traditional university or college experience. To register for a tour or workshop contact Bryan McCarthy at 207-594-1800 or email at email@example.com.
6. Juniors and Seniors, the guidance office has two visiting schools . Tomorrow Lincoln Culinary Institute will be here at 9:30am and on Wednesday, Oct. 2nd Elmira College will be here at 8:30am. Interested juniors and seniors should sign up in the guidance office to attend.
7. NHHEAF is offering a number of FREE college planning workshops and webinars at their Concord location. Registration is required to attend any of these events, you can do so atwww.nhheaf.org/events.
Planning Workshops include:
The Write Stuff-focuses on the college essay tonight @ 3:30-5pm
The College Interview- focuses on interview skills Monday, Oct.14 11-12:30pm
College Prep for Seniors- admissions and fin aid Monday, Oct. 14 3:30-5pm
Understanding the Common Application Tuesday, Oct. 15 3:30-5pm
College Prep for Seniors Sept. 26 6:15-7:15pm
8. Juniors, Inter-Lakes High School is hosting a regional St. Paul's Advanced Studies Program Information Night for all interested juniors and parents/guardians. This event will take place on Wednesday, October 16, 2013 at the Inter-Lakes High School Library at 6:30pm.Presented by Mike Ricard from ASP as well as several high school student ASP alumni.
9. Attention all juniors: The PSAT will be offered on Wednesday, Oct. 16th here at BHS starting at 7:30am. The cost for the test is $18.00, cash or checks made out to BHS will be accepted that day. The guidance department highly encourages all juniors to participate in this exam in preparation for the SAT's next spring and fall for all of our college bound students. Students are allowed to use calculators, but must supply their own. The sign up sheet for the PSAT is in the guidance office, make sure you sign up so that we can reserve a seat for you. Interested sophomores may
participate, please sign up in the guidance office.
Class of 2016:
Anyone interested in working our booth at homecoming on Saturday, October 5th should see Andrew Bragg or Mr. Hill by tomorrow. We need people to bring snacks to sell that day. More info to come.
1. Is looking for students who attended last years prom who may have pictures that could be put in the yearbook. If so, come down to the office to pick up an information sheet.
2. Last day to take advantage of the yearbook sale. Cost is $43. Please see Ms. Pitrone if you would like to place an order.
1. FBLA Officers will meet today during break in Mr. Hill's room.
2. Next meeting will be Wednesday, October 2nd at 2:20pm in Mr. Hill's room.
3. The Fall Leadership Workshop will be held at SNHU on Wednesday, October 23rd. The cost is $40 (you will pay only $30 and FBLA will pay $10) and includes the conference, a long-sleeved shirt, and lunch. You must let Mr. Hill or Caitlyn Keville know you want to attend by Friday, September 27th at 2:30pm, as registration must be completed that day. Checks should be made payable to BHS for $30 and are due by October 3rd. Once you ask to be registered, you must pay the fee, as we will have already paid for you to go.If you have not yet paid your dues ($20), please get them to Mr. Hill no later than Tuesday, October 15th.
4. Can tabs for David's House can be turned in to any FBLA member or Mr. Hill. Thank you! We will be collecting tabs all year long.
Meeting will be today @ 2:15 in room 208.
Tomorrow @ 2:30PM in Rm. 209
All Things Graphic:
Wednesday, Oct 2nd @ 2:30PM in Rm 106
Granite State Challenge:
Wednesday, Oct 2nd @ 2:15PM in Rm 216.
Thursday, Oct 3rd @ 2:30PM in Rm 202