BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday , April 30, 2014
JV Softball @ Laconia 4:00PM- bus departs @ 2:25PM
JV Baseball @ Laconia 4:00PM- bus departs @ 2:25PM
Varsity Softball home vs Laconia – 4:00PM
Varsity Baseball home vs Laconia- 4:00PM
- The girls lacrosse team pushed forward from a tough game Monday and took a 13-12 win over Merrimack valley. The girls came together as a team and sealed their first varsity win.
- Will be hosting a Dough Raiser on May 9th at the Tilton Uno's. Diners will need to present a ticket any time on May 9th and a portion of their check will go directly to the girls lacrosse team. Tickets can be picked up in the main office.
Red Raider Golf Tournament:
BHS will be hosting the 1st Annual Red Raider Golf Tournament on Friday June 27th at Loudon Country Club. If you would like more info please pick up an informational sheet with details.
Spring Drama Performances:
BHS presents a family oriented, musical comedy "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" May 1-3 at 7:00PM in the BHS café. Evening show times are at 7:00PM and a matinee will be presented on Saturday at 2:00PM. This is a musical based on the Peanuts cartoon series by Charles Schultz. Tickets are $10 for general audiences and $8 for students and seniors. Tickets may be purchased in advance by stopping at the main office or tickets can be purchased at the door.
- There will be a Prom Committee meeting on Friday during break.
- Prom tickets are $45 each. If you are planning on bringing a guest who does not attend BHS you will need to fill out a guest permission form which are available in the main office. This form needs to be signed by a parent.
1. Sophomores and Juniors, UNH is offering Project SMART (science and mathematics achievement through research training) a summer camp at UNH that will take place in the month of July. Participants will study advanced topics in science, math and computers through lectures, discussions, hands-on lab experiences and field trips; and learn to do research with UNH faculty. Scholarships are available based on financial need. For more details see:www.smartunh.edu. Enrollment is limited to 25 students.
2. American Legion:
Attention Junior boys: Applications for The American Legion Boys State Program that will take place in June are available in the guidance office.
Attention Junior girls: Applications for The American Legion Auxiliary Granite State Girls
Program in June are available in the guidance office.
3. UNH is offering a week long summer program to high school juniors interested in Hospitality Management. They have had a very generous donor, so tuition is waived! The students will receive an introduction to UNH life, course work, and the hospitality industry through the Peter Paul College of Business and Economics. If anyone is interested, please see Mr. Hill.
4. 2014 NH Military Service Academy Day :
Will be held on Saturday, May 10, 2014 from 9am-11:30am at the NH National Guard Headquarters-Building 1 in Concord, NH. This is for students who are interested in obtaining Service Academy Nominations from the NH Congressional delegation and for those students interested in attending any of our Nation's Service Academies. RSVP vial email to RSVP@shaheen.senate.gov or contact Senator Jeanne Shaheen's office at 647-7500. Please RSVP the following information: names of those attending, car make, model and license plate number. On the day of the event please provide photo ID to the security guard for entrance into the Headquarters.
1. Students interested in Biotechnology, Space Science, Marine and Environment Science, etc.....please check out the Project SMART (Science and Mathematics Achievement through Research Training) Summer Program for Talented juniors and seniors at UNH - July 1-25, 2014! Scholarships are available for students looking to be challenged, educated, and motivated this summer! Website: www.smart.unh.edu
2. Attention students looking for employment or a place to volunteer this summer...please look at the Guidance Bulletin Board for up-to-date postings!
UPDATE: FORD DRIVE 4 UR SCHOOL:
The BHS Class of 2016 and FBLA have partnered with Autoserv-Tilton to hold a Ford Drive 4UR School fundraiser on Tuesday, May 6th from 3-8pm at Autoserv in Tilton. For this fundraiser, students will receive $20 in their individual accounts for each person that comes to test drive a Ford vehicle. Anyone 18 or older is eligible to take a test drive. The only stipulation is a husband and wife cannot both participate. Drivers will need to bring their license. When you arrive at Autoserv, park out front and proceed to the check-in table in the showroom. You will need to let them know which student you are supporting at that time. You will take a quick test drive and be done. Ford has indicated that there will be no pressure to purchase a vehicle. If you are truly interested in a new vehicle, you will need to let them know.
We can have as many as 300 test drives for this event. Therefore, we would like as many people as possible from the BHS community to attend. Any money raised that is not in support of a student will be contributed to the BHS PTO or the BHS Booster Club. Questions can be directed to Ben Hill (email@example.com). Thank you for your support!
Will continue to collect can tabs all year for David's House.
Meets today @ 2:15PM in Rm 216
Meets today @ 2:30PM in Rm 209.
All Things Graphics:
Meeting today @ 2:15PM . If it is not raining we will be taking photographs outside so please dress accordingly