Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Congratulations to Caitlyn Keville on her acceptance to Quinnipiac University
No events scheduled
Congratulations to Caleb Drouin for reaching his 100th point in the BG hockey game last night. Come join us tomorrow at LIA at 6:45 to celebrate and recognize this amazing accomplishment!
The Scholar Athlete Award Ceremony will be Wednesday February 18th at the Capital Center for the Arts in Concord. The bus will leave BHS at 8:30am. The award ceremony is scheduled for 11:30am. Any questions please see Ms. Knolhoff.
Florida Senior Trip Participants
Final payment for the senior trip is due THIS FRIDAY (the 20th). The total cost of the trip will be $735. See Ms. Tardugno to confirm how much you individually have left to pay.
The next driver's ed class starts on March 3rd and will run until April 23rd. Please note you must be 16 by the end of the class. Parent Meeting will be on March 2nd. If you are interested in signing up please come to the main office for a form. The deposit of $150 is due Feb. 13th with the remaining $500 due on the first class March 2nd.
1. Laconia Adult Education is offering an SAT Prep Class starting on Wednesday, March 11th from 6-9pm for 7 weeks. The cost of the class with the book is $95. Please call the Laconia Adult Education office at 524-5712 with questions or to enroll.
2. All second year Huot applications for any students who are currently attending Huot and wish to return for the second year of the program are due to the student's Huot teachers by Feb. 20th.
3. Students who picked up ETS applications in the guidance office should return them ASAP! Kate from ETS is here on Wednesdays and would like to have them returned to the guidance office.
Attention juniors and your parents!
Registration for Destination College, to be held Saturday, 3/14/15 at Plymouth State University, is now open. We will cap registration at about 1000, and as of this morning, we have nearly 350 registrants. Please encourage your families to register quickly (and remember, each person attending needs to complete a registration). Register online atwww.destinationcollege.org
Snow Sculptures in Belmont Postponed Until Saturday, February 28
Due to the dry snow conditions and low temperatures that are expected for this weekend, the Snow Sculpture Kickoff Party that was scheduled for this Saturday, Feb. 14 has been postponed two weeks. We are hoping that the weather warms up and makes the snow a bit stickier for our sculpture building. Please join us on the new date for the Kickoff Party on Saturday, February 28 at 10 am near the Belmont Library. Anyone interested in making a sculpture can review the guidelines on the Town of Belmont's website
at www.belmontnh.org under News & Events/Community Events.
Upcoming School-to-Career opportunities with Mrs. Burke:
1. CAREER Power Hour – D.O.T. Day! On March 12th at 10:20am in Guidance, we will have the following Dept. of Transportation professionals on-site to talk to you about their careers:
* Civil Engineer from the Bridge Design Bureau
* Heavy Equipment Mechanic
* Welder from the Mechanical Services Department
* Human Resource Representative (Business Administration)
Sign up in Guidance for the catered lunch!
2. STEM Technology Day at UNH on March 16th - Explore careers in STEM,
Operate a VEX Robot, Write apps for Android devices, Create a computer program,
Explore the UNH Human Computer Interaction Lab, and MORE. This trip has NO Cost
and LUNCH is included! ***Waiting List only at this point*** Permission slips are
due by March 12th!
3. Girls Technology Day at NHTI on March 18th **For Females in 9th & 10th grade*** - Some workshops include: 3-D Modeling, Building Mobile Apps, Cisco VoIP demo, Cyber Security, Greenfoot Game Programming, Kodu Game Lab, Making Ethernet Cables, VEX Robotics, and Inventing Apps for Android Phones. This trip has NO Cost and LUNCH is included! Permission slips are due by March 12th!
4. CAREER Power Hour – SOCIAL WORKER on March 30th at 10:20am in Guidance.
If you are interested in the Human Service field, helping others, counseling, etc. this will be a great opportunity for you! Sign up in Guidance for the catered lunch!
Do you want to explore different occupations through job shadowing? Do you want to earn credit through the BHS School-to-Career internship program? If yes, check out www.lakesregioninternships.com and stop by the guidance department to see Mrs. Burke for more information!
There will be an important prom committee meeting next Thursday, February 19th from 11:45-12:30 in guidance.
Signups for Lakes Region Girls Softball are open to residents of Belmont, Canterbury and Laconia. Registration is at Belmont Elementary School March 11 from 5:00pm-6:30pm. Eligible ages are 5-18. Forms are available in the Main Office.
Fundraiser through the end of Feb.
Indoor Yard Sale Sat. 3/21 8AM-12PM vendors wanted, donations welcomed
July and Sept. NHMS races sign up room 207
"BHS PTO will hold their February meeting on Thursday, February 19th, at 6 pm in the BHS Guidance Conference Room. We invite you to attend to find out more about upcoming activities and provide input. No commitment required!"
Ladies! Please Save the Date for the Lakes Region Mom Prom/Girl's Night Out! Come casual, or go all out! This BHS PTO 2015 event will be held on Saturday evening, April 18th, at BHS. More details and information will be provided soon. Please be sure to pass the word to all of your friends and family too! We are also looking for volunteers who would like to help with party planning and decorating, etc. If you are interested, please contact Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fundraisers - BHS PTO is collecting printer cartridges for recycling as an ongoing fundraiser. Please drop your cartridges in the collection box next to the BHS main office.
BHS PTO is also collecting BoxTops for Education with a box next to the BHS main office. BoxTops collected will be shared between BES, CES and BMS. (High Schools are not eligible for the program.)
Meets 2nd half of power hour Tuesday 2/17
SHAKER REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT SUPPLEMENTAL PUBLIC HEARING
The Shaker Regional School Board will hold a Supplemental Public Hearing on the 2015-2016 Proposed Budget on Tuesday, February 17, 2015 in the Belmont Middle School Cafeteria, beginning at 6:00 pm.