BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, Sept 24, 2013
Girls Varsity Soccer home vs Laconia 3:30 PM
Girls JV Soccer home vs Laconia 5:00PM
Golf meet away at Country Club of NH 3:30PM- bus departs @ 2:00PM
Boys Varsity Soccer away @ Franklin 3:30PM- bus departs @ 2:15PM
Boys JV Soccer away @ Franklin 5:00PM- bus departs @ 2:15
Congratulations to Megan Bailey on her 1,000th career assist. Megan reached this milestone achievement in last nights volleyball game against Interlakes and congratulations to the team for winning a tough Interlakes squad 3-2 to remain undefeated.
Ball Runners Wanted:
Anyone interested in running lines at the girls soccer games please sign up in the main office. $15 dollars per game. Two people per game are needed. We are in need of (3) ball runners for this afternoons game.
Will be held tomorrow from 12:45-2:00PM.
Oct 5th -9th. If you would like to participate in one of these tours, please sign up in the BHS guidance . Students must be willing to provide own transportation. Permission slips are required and due by 9/27. See attached flyer.
Guidance Survey:The Shaker Regional School District is undergoing a thorough evaluation of our K-12 Comprehensive Guidance Program. We would appreciate your help by completing this brief parent survey regarding your experience with the guidance department and curriculum in your child's school.If you have children in more than one school, we invite you complete additional surveys for those schools. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/23BN2JX
Belmont High School Open House:
Please mark your calendar now for our Open House which will be held tomorrow night from 6:00-8:00PM.
Homecoming Dance & Bonfire:
Sponsored by Student Council, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 3rd from 7:00-10:00PM. Cost is $6 per person or $5 with a donated can good. If you are planning on bringing a guest who does not attend BHS you will need to pick up a permission form in the main office which will need to be signed by a parent. These forms are now available.
1. Attention Juniors and Seniors: Northeastern University is holding their 2013 Women in Engineering Day on Friday, October 25th. This program is designed for female students who are interested in engineering and want to learn more about Northeastern's outstanding engineering program. To reserve a place, students should RSVP by email@example.com. Space is very limited so reserve your spot early.
3. Running Start Program: Applications are due to Guidance by tomorrow for English or Math students. Please attach a check for $150, and another for $20 if you are taking the Accuplacer test. The Accuplacer is scheduled for September 25th.You must take this test if you wish to take a Running Start class in English or Math.
4. Lakes Region Scholarship Foundation:
Is sponsoring their annual Spelling Bee on October 17th. Please see Ms. Cascio in Guidance if you are interested in being on our BHS team.
5. Laconia Adult Education:
Is offering an SAT College Board Prep Class. The class begins tomorrow night . It will meet from 6-9pm for a total of seven (7) weeks, at Laconia High School. Cost of the class and book fee is $95.00. Please see Mrs. O'Connell in guidance for registration information.
7. Attention Seniors! The first scholarship opportunity of the season is available. The Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship is open to seniors with a GPA of 3.0 (87 or better) that participate in at least one sport and have community/school service. Application deadline is October 2nd!! Apply on line at wendysheisman.com.
8. Southern Vermont College will be visiting guidance today at 12:30PM. Interested juniors and seniors should sign up in the guidance office to attend.
9. Attention Seniors: All application materials for students interested in obtaining a Congressional Nomination for service academies need to be postmarked or hand delivered to Senator Jeanne Shaheen's office by Friday, October 4th. Any questions see guidance.
10. The Apprenticeshop, a school for traditional boatbuilding and seamanship in Rockland, Maine is having an Open House for prospective students and their families on Saturday, October 5thfrom 9-4. Hands-on workshops, tours, discussions and a Q&A will take place. The Apprenticeshop's 9 month and 12 week courses are great for students seeking a GAP year experience/and or those looking for an alternative to a traditional university or college experience. To register for a tour or workshop contact Bryan McCarthy at 207-594-1800 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Juniors and Seniors, the guidance office has two visiting schools next week. On Tuesday, Oct. 1st Lincoln Culinary Institute will be here at 9:30am and on Wednesday, Oct. 2nd Elmira College will be here at 8:30am. Interested juniors and seniors should sign up in the guidance office to attend.
12. NHHEAF is offering a number of FREE college planning workshops and webinars at their Concord location. Registration is required to attend any of these events, you can do so atwww.nhheaf.org/events.
Planning Workshops include:
The Write Stuff-focuses on the college essay Monday, Sept. 30 3:30-5pm
The College Interview- focuses on interview skills Monday, Oct.14 11-12:30pm
College Prep for Seniors- admissions and fin aid Monday, Oct. 14 3:30-5pm
Understanding the Common Application Tuesday, Oct. 15 3:30-5pm
College Prep for Seniors Sept. 26 6:15-7:15pm
13. Juniors, Inter-Lakes High School is hosting a regional St. Paul's Advanced Studies Program Information Night for all interested juniors and parents/guardians. This event will take place onWednesday, October 16, 2013 at the Inter-Lakes High School Library at 6:30pm.Presented by Mike Ricard from ASP as well as several high school student ASP alumni.
Cancelled for today.
Is looking for students who attended last years prom who may have pictures that could be put in the yearbook. If so, come down to the office to pick up an information sheet.
All things Graphic:
Meeting for tomorrow cancelled due to tonight's Open House.
1.This week is club week and today's clubs being highlighted are the Computer Club, Chess Club & SALT. If you would like to learn more about what these clubs have to offer be sure to check out their display during break today.
2. Meeting today @ 2:15PM in Rm. 216
There will be a French Club meeting for officers tomorrow during break in Rm 205.
1.Meeting tomorrow after school in Room 211 at 2:20pm. Please remember that state and national dues ($20) are due. Checks can be made payable to Belmont High School.
2. Is once again collecting can tabs for David's House throughout the year. Can tabs can be turned in to any FBLA member or Mr. Hill. Thank you!
Granite State Challenge:
1. Officers for the 2013-2014 school year. The co-presidents are Paige Norkowicz and Malia Lundahl. Our Vice President is Karl Wiek.
2.Meeting tomorrow @ 2:15PM in Rm 216. This is a mandatory meeting for any student who is interested in competing.