BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Wednesday , Sept 25, 2013
No games scheduled
Ball Runners Wanted:
Anyone interested in running lines at the girls soccer games please sign up in the main office. $15 dollars per game. Two people per game are needed.
Will be held today from 12:45-2:00PM in the band room.
Oct 5th -9th. If you would like to participate in one of these tours, please sign up in the BHS guidance . Students must be willing to provide own transportation. Permission slips are required and due by 9/27. See attached flyer.
The fall session will begin on Oct 29th and will run until Jan. 2nd. You will need to be 16 by the end of the class. The cost of the class is $650 with a $150 deposit due when you sign up for the class with any remaining money due by the first day of class. Forms can be picked up in the main office.
Guidance Survey:The Shaker Regional School District is undergoing a thorough evaluation of our K-12 Comprehensive Guidance Program. We would appreciate your help by completing this brief parent survey regarding your experience with the guidance department and curriculum in your child's school.If you have children in more than one school, we invite you complete additional surveys for those schools. http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/23BN2JX
Belmont High School Open House:
Please mark your calendar now for our Open House which will be held to night from 6:00-8:00PM.
District Wellness Committee:
Looking for a student and parent to represent BHS on this committee. If interested, contact Ms. Lavallee at email@example.com
Homecoming Dance & Bonfire:
Sponsored by Student Council, will be held on Thursday, Oct. 3rd from 7:00-10:00PM. Cost is $6 per person or $5 with a donated can good. If you are planning on bringing a guest who does not attend BHS you will need to pick up a permission form in the main office which will need to be signed by a parent. These forms are now available.
1. Attention Juniors and Seniors: Northeastern University is holding their 2013 Women in Engineering Day on Friday, October 25th. This program is designed for female students who are interested in engineering and want to learn more about Northeastern's outstanding engineering program. To reserve a place, students should RSVP by firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is very limited so reserve your spot early.
3. Running Start Program: Applications are due to Guidance by today for English or Math students. Please attach a check for $150, and another for $20 if you are taking the Accuplacer test. The Accuplacer is scheduled for September 25th.You must take this test if you wish to take a Running Start class in English or Math.
4. Lakes Region Scholarship Foundation:
Is sponsoring their annual Spelling Bee on October 17th. Please see Ms. Cascio in Guidance if you are interested in being on our BHS team.
5. Attention Seniors! The first scholarship opportunity of the season is available. The Wendy's High School Heisman Scholarship is open to seniors with a GPA of 3.0 (87 or better) that participate in at least one sport and have community/school service. Application deadline is October 2nd!! Apply on line at wendysheisman.com.
6. Southern Vermont College will be visiting guidance today at 12:30PM. Interested juniors and seniors should sign up in the guidance office to attend.
7. Attention Seniors: All application materials for students interested in obtaining a Congressional Nomination for service academies need to be postmarked or hand delivered to Senator Jeanne Shaheen's office by Friday, October 4th. Any questions see guidance.
8. The Apprenticeshop, a school for traditional boatbuilding and seamanship in Rockland, Maine is having an Open House for prospective students and their families on Saturday, October 5thfrom 9-4. Hands-on workshops, tours, discussions and a Q&A will take place. The Apprenticeshop's 9 month and 12 week courses are great for students seeking a GAP year experience/and or those looking for an alternative to a traditional university or college experience. To register for a tour or workshop contact Bryan McCarthy at 207-594-1800 or email at email@example.com.
9. Juniors and Seniors, the guidance office has two visiting schools next week. On Tuesday, Oct. 1st Lincoln Culinary Institute will be here at 9:30am and on Wednesday, Oct. 2nd Elmira College will be here at 8:30am. Interested juniors and seniors should sign up in the guidance office to attend.
10. NHHEAF is offering a number of FREE college planning workshops and webinars at their Concord location. Registration is required to attend any of these events, you can do so atwww.nhheaf.org/events.
Planning Workshops include:
The Write Stuff-focuses on the college essay Monday, Sept. 30 3:30-5pm
The College Interview- focuses on interview skills Monday, Oct.14 11-12:30pm
College Prep for Seniors- admissions and fin aid Monday, Oct. 14 3:30-5pm
Understanding the Common Application Tuesday, Oct. 15 3:30-5pm
College Prep for Seniors Sept. 26 6:15-7:15pm
11. Juniors, Inter-Lakes High School is hosting a regional St. Paul's Advanced Studies Program Information Night for all interested juniors and parents/guardians. This event will take place onWednesday, October 16, 2013 at the Inter-Lakes High School Library at 6:30pm.Presented by Mike Ricard from ASP as well as several high school student ASP alumni.
12. Attention all juniors: The PSAT will be offered on Wednesday, Oct. 16th here at BHS starting at 7:30am. The cost for the test is $18.00, cash or checks made out to BHS will be accepted that day. The guidance department highly encourages all juniors to participate in this exam in preparation for the SAT's next spring and fall for all of our college bound students. Students are allowed to use calculators, but must supply their own. The sign up sheet for the PSAT is in the guidance office, make sure you sign up so that we can reserve a seat for you. Interested sophomores may
participate, please sign up in the guidance office.
1. Is looking for students who attended last years prom who may have pictures that could be put in the yearbook. If so, come down to the office to pick up an information sheet.
2. Yearbook on sale until Sept 30th for $43. Please see Ms. Pitrone if you would like to place an order.
All things Graphic:
Meeting for today cancelled due to tonight's Open House.
This week is club week and today's clubs being highlighted are Drama, National French Honor Society & Robotics. If you would like to learn more about what these clubs have to offer be sure to check out their display during break today.
There will be a French Club meeting for officers today during break in Rm 205.
1.Meeting today after school in Room 211 at 2:20pm. Please remember that state and national dues ($20) are due. Checks can be made payable to Belmont High School. - we will be re-voting for Vice President today to break the tie and finalizing plans for the Fall Leadership Workshop, so please do your best to get to Room 211 by 2:20pm.
2. Is once again collecting can tabs for David's House throughout the year. Can tabs can be turned in to any FBLA member or Mr. Hill. Thank you!
Granite State Challenge:
Meeting today @ 2:15PM in Rm 216. This is a mandatory meeting for any student who is interested in competing.
Meeting will be on Monday (9/30) at 2:15 in room 208.