BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday, May 21, 2013
No games scheduled today.
The Softball team played their best game of the season yesterday against Farmington. Farmington only had twp losses going into the game. Belmont would end up loosing the game in the 10th inning 3-2. But not after a strong pitching performance by Megan Prescott, she had 14 strike outs during the game.
Farmington would score two runs in the first inning and not score again until the home half of the 10th.
Belmont played strong defense from that point on. Elizabeth Yelle had her best game behind the plate throwing two runners out, one at first on a pick off and the second trying to steal on a strike out throw out to second.
Offensively Belmont scored two runs in the 5th. on singles by Mary Kate Russo, Courtney Clairmont, and Alyssa Woods. Makayla Donovan also had a triple in that inning to score a run. The other RBI came on Woods' single up the middle. Belmont had runners in scoring position in three of the next four innings but just couldn't push that lead run across. A great game by both teams.
Track & Field:
Congratulations to the boys 4/800 relay team Adam Prout, Joe Boles, Matt LeClair and Tyler Rolfe for their 3rd place finish at Wilderness track meet which took place on Saturday.
Girls Lacrosse Fundraisers:
Muse Paint Bar in Manchester on May 26th from 12:00- 2:15 . They will donate up to 50% to the girls lacrosse team. Check out link for more information and to sign up~ sign up required prior https://events.musepaintbar.com//index.php/welcome/edit/445 Any questions please contact Marta Robbins at email@example.com or 455-4466.
BOOSTER CLUB BANQUET MAY 31, 2013 AFTER SPORTS AWARDS
ATHLETES: Free great meal and free gift. Sign up in main office.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Let us know if you plan to attend. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a note in the Booster Club mailbox. May pay at door.
Summers Driver's Ed:
The summer session of Driver's Ed will begin on July 16th and will run until Aug. 20th. Classes will be held on Tues., Wed ., and Thurs. from 8:30-10:30AM. If you are, or will be, turning 16 by Aug 20th and would like to sign up for the class please pick up a registration form in the main office. Cost is $650 with a $150 deposit required when you register for the class.
- Yearbook 2014 is collecting PROM, 2013 PHOTOS! Please send digital copies via email to Ms. Pitrone at email@example.com We would love any and all photos, candids from home, from the promenade or from the prom, itself!
- Are now on sale for $45 or you can reserve one with a $5 deposit. Please see Ms. Pitrone if you have any questions. Get yours today! Yearbooks will be distributed May 31st. Quantities are limited so be sure to purchase yours ASAP.
Huot Technical Center is holding an Open House to allow people to see their new addition on Thursday, May 23, 2013. Open House is 5-7PM. Tours will be held at 9am, 11am, and from 2-3pm. Stop by and see what programs they have to offer.
Laconia Airport Open House:
For those interested in aviation and transportation: Laconia Airport will host an Open House on Sat. June 8 from 10-2, showcasing antique and unusual aircraft, boats, motorcycles, and cars. This event is family friendly and free.
For students who are at least 16 years old and have a valid driver's license. Cleaning vacation rental cottages on Saturdays. Interested students should see Mrs. O'Connell for contact information.
Upcoming Job Fairs:
Will be held tomorrow from 10 a.m.-3pm at AutoServ in Tilton.
2.St George Cathedral:
June 13th 9:30am-3:00pm at St George Cathedral in Manchester.
See Ms. Madsen in Guidance for more information and if you would like some help preparing to fill out applications and/or with writing resumes.
Also, if you are 18 and if you would like help connecting with a job placement agency, contact Ms. Madsen in Guidance.
FREE Summer School Classes at BHS:
We are offering a few summer school classes for students interested in taking classes this summer to build credits on their transcript.
1. Digital Photography with Mr. Frick being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. (6 wks)Classes are Monday & Wednesday from 8am-10:30am or Tuesday & Thursday from 8am-10:30am. At least 8 students have to sign up for each section in order to run a class. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please note: Space is limited so you are encouraged to sign up in guidance and get a permission slip.
2. Creative Writing with Ms. Pitrone being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. Classes are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30am-1pm
3. Theatre Arts with Ms. Pitrone from June 24-Aug 1st, classes are Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30am-1pm. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please sign up in the guidance office and get a permission slip. At least 8 students must sign up for each class or the class will be cancelled.
Students who are interested in taking any of these summer classes should have signed permission forms to guidance ASAP.
Will meet in Rm 209 after school today.
BHS Drama presents An Evening of High School Drama featuring BHS student-written plays and monologues accompanied by selections from The Bully Plays May 23-25 7PM in the BHS cafeteria
Tickets are $7 and may be purchased at the door. Please join us!
1. We will be raffling off a Kindle Fire HD with a 8.9" Display – 16GB
Please see a member of the French club to buy tickets ($5 each, 5 for $20). Winner will be drawn June 7, 2013.
2. Our last French Club meeting of the year will be tomorrow after school. Meet In Room 205 and Then We Will Go Outside to Play French Games
French Food Will Be Provided!!!!!