BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Thursday , May 30 , 2013
All Track Athletes must return uniforms asap to Mr. Hayward in Room 107. Do not drop it off, make sure your name is crossed off the list!
Spring Athletic Awards:
Will be held tomorrow night , at 6:00PM with Booster Club banquet to follow.
Just a reminder that your school Google account will remain active until October 1, 2013.
Please support the Shaker Regional Sugar House fundraiser. We're very excited to begin the construction of the sugar house and will be hosting a fundraising breakfast at Applebee's in Tilton from 7:30-10:00 on Saturday, June 1. Tickets are available for $10 from the SAU and each of the schools. You can also contact Heidi Hutchinson at 783-4720 for tickets. Please come and support this event and enjoy a great meal. Thank you.
Summers Driver's Ed:
The summer session of Driver's Ed will begin on July 16th and will run until Aug. 20th. Classes will be held on Tues., Wed ., and Thurs. from 8:30-10:30AM. If you are, or will be, turning 16 by Aug 20th and would like to sign up for the class please pick up a registration form in the main office. Cost is $650 with a $150 deposit required when you register for the class.
- Yearbook 2014 is collecting PROM, 2013 PHOTOS! Please send digital copies via email to Ms. Pitrone at email@example.com We would love any and all photos, candids from home, from the promenade or from the prom, itself!
- Yearbooks will be distributed tomorrow. Seniors will receive their yearbook during breakfast and underclassmen will receive theirs at lunches. If you have not purchased your yearbook please do so ASAP by seeing Ms. Pitrone. Yearbooks are $45 and quantities are limited. Please note, in order for you to pick up your yearbook it must be paid for in full.
Laconia Airport Open House:
For those interested in aviation and transportation: Laconia Airport will host an Open House on Sat. June 8 from 10-2, showcasing antique and unusual aircraft, boats, motorcycles, and cars. This event is family friendly and free.
Upcoming Job Fairs:
.St George Cathedral:
June 13th 9:30am-3:00pm at St George Cathedral in Manchester.
See Ms. Madsen in Guidance for more information and if you would like some help preparing to fill out applications and/or with writing resumes. If you are 18 and if you would like help connecting with a job placement agency, contact Ms. Madsen.
FREE Summer School Classes at BHS:
We are offering a few summer school classes for students interested in taking classes this summer to build credits on their transcript.
1. Digital Photography with Mr. Frick being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. (6 wks)Classes are Monday & Wednesday from 8am-10:30am or Tuesday & Thursday from 8am-10:30am. At least 8 students have to sign up for each section in order to run a class. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please note: Space is limited so you are encouraged to sign up in guidance and get a permission slip.
2. Creative Writing with Ms. Pitrone being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. Classes are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30am-1pm
3. Theatre Arts with Ms. Pitrone from June 24-Aug 1st, classes are Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30am-1pm. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please sign up in the guidance office and get a permission slip. At least 8 students must sign up for each class or the class will be cancelled.
Students who are interested in taking any of these summer classes should have signed permission forms to guidance ASAP.
We will be raffling off a Kindle Fire HD with a 8.9" Display – 16GB. Please see a member of the French club to buy tickets ($5 each, 5 for $20). Winner will be drawn June 7, 2013.