BHS DAILY BULLETIN
Tuesday May 28 , 2013
The softball team beat Prospect Mountain 11- 4 on Thurs. May 23, in very wet conditions. Megan Prescott pitched well in the rain giving up the 4 runs on 6 hits , with 7 strike outs and 4 walks.
Belmont scored 5 runs in the first inning with two clutch hits by Makayla Donovan and Courtney Clairmont. Belmont would score two more in the second on a double by Mary Kate Russo. In the third inning Belmont scored 4 more runs .Mary Kate Russo was 3 for 3 for the day, while Makayla Donovan was 2 for 4. Defensively Belmont threw a runner out at second attempting to steal then was able to turn that into an inning ending double play by throwing the runner at third out at home. Elizabeth Yelle started that double play and also picked a runner off third. A great game by the senior as her season is winding down.
BOOSTER CLUB BANQUET MAY 31, 2013 AFTER SPORTS AWARDS
ATHLETES: Free great meal and free gift. Sign up in main office.
PARENTS/GUARDIANS: Let us know if you plan to attend. Email email@example.com or leave a note in the Booster Club mailbox or you can pay at the door.
Summers Driver's Ed:
The summer session of Driver's Ed will begin on July 16th and will run until Aug. 20th. Classes will be held on Tues., Wed ., and Thurs. from 8:30-10:30AM. If you are, or will be, turning 16 by Aug 20th and would like to sign up for the class please pick up a registration form in the main office. Cost is $650 with a $150 deposit required when you register for the class.
- Yearbook 2014 is collecting PROM, 2013 PHOTOS! Please send digital copies via email to Ms. Pitrone at firstname.lastname@example.org We would love any and all photos, candids from home, from the promenade or from the prom, itself!
- Are now on sale for $45 or you can reserve one with a $5 deposit. Please see Ms. Pitrone if you have any questions. Get yours today! Yearbooks will be distributed May 31st. Quantities are limited so be sure to purchase yours ASAP.
Laconia Airport Open House:
For those interested in aviation and transportation: Laconia Airport will host an Open House on Sat. June 8 from 10-2, showcasing antique and unusual aircraft, boats, motorcycles, and cars. This event is family friendly and free.
Upcoming Job Fairs:
.St George Cathedral:
June 13th 9:30am-3:00pm at St George Cathedral in Manchester.
See Ms. Madsen in Guidance for more information and if you would like some help preparing to fill out applications and/or with writing resumes.
Also, if you are 18 and if you would like help connecting with a job placement agency, contact Ms. Madsen in Guidance.
FREE Summer School Classes at BHS:
We are offering a few summer school classes for students interested in taking classes this summer to build credits on their transcript.
1. Digital Photography with Mr. Frick being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. (6 wks)Classes are Monday & Wednesday from 8am-10:30am or Tuesday & Thursday from 8am-10:30am. At least 8 students have to sign up for each section in order to run a class. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please note: Space is limited so you are encouraged to sign up in guidance and get a permission slip.
2. Creative Writing with Ms. Pitrone being offered from June 24-Aug 1st. Classes are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30am-1pm
3. Theatre Arts with Ms. Pitrone from June 24-Aug 1st, classes are Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30am-1pm. Permission slip and class syllabus are in guidance. Please sign up in the guidance office and get a permission slip. At least 8 students must sign up for each class or the class will be cancelled.
Students who are interested in taking any of these summer classes should have signed permission forms to guidance ASAP.
Meeting today after school in Rm. 216.
Will meet in Rm 209 after school today
We will be raffling off a Kindle Fire HD with a 8.9" Display – 16GB. Please see a member of the French club to buy tickets ($5 each, 5 for $20). Winner will be drawn June 7, 2013.